Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Chef o’clock (“us”, “we”, etc.). By visiting or using Our Website, you agree to be bound by them. Our Providers may also impose additional terms and conditions to which your contract with them will be subject.
Chef o’clock is a trade name of Chef o’clock Limited – a private company limited by shares, incorporated and registered in Ireland with company number 635649, whose registered office is at 47 Chandlers Rest, Rushbrooke Links, Cobh, Co. Cork, P24RW66.
Under 18 years? Sorry, but we deal only with people who are legally able to enter into a binding contract. Please ask someone over 18 to buy the Services on your behalf.
Please read this agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Our Website and stop using Our Website or the services immediately.
- “Booking” means an enquiry or request made by you for the use of one or more specific Service.
- “Service” means all of the services offered for sale through Our Website by a Provider.
- “Provider” means a person/enterprise who offers a Service for sale on Our Website.
- “Our Website” means any website of ours, and includes all web pages controlled by us.
- “you”, “yours” etc. means you, the party to this agreement.
- Chef o’clock is neither a buyer nor provider of Services offered for sale. We are neither a principal nor agent in a buying transaction.
- Chef o’clock is a marketplace. We are agents of a Provider only to the extent of use of Our Website as a platform for sale of his Service and for collection and forwarding of your money.
- We welcome any comment or complaint about a Provider, which you make through Our Website. We may act upon a complaint in our discretion, for the benefit of the body of Chef o’clock members.
- These terms and conditions regulate the business relationship between you and us. By using Our Website free of charge, you agree to be bound by them.
- We provide a market place for the supply of Services. We are in no way responsible for:
- your locating and ordering a Service;
- your choice of a Service;
- any aspect of the provision of the Service.
- We may change this agreement in any way at any time. The version applicable to your contract is the version which was posted on Our Website at the time that the contract was made.
Your Personal Information
- You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are not responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately it occurs.
The Booking Procedure
- When you make a request for Booking we shall process it and inform you about the status. If the Service is available on the date and time as you require then you will get the notification.
- On confirmation of the Booking you will receive an invoice.
- Prices listed on Our Website by Providers are inclusive of any applicable sales tax, shipment and 5% administration fee.
- Services may be offered for sale subject to any discount or promotion arranged between Chef o’clock and the Provider.
- Services will be provided at the times and places specified in the website or otherwise in terms and conditions of each Provider.
- Once you have made a Booking through Our Website, the price cannot be increased.
- You are required to pay in the currency in which the Service is listed for sale on Our Website.
- Every sale will be subject to the laws applicable but there shall not be implied any right which is neither a legal right nor set down in these terms and conditions.
- We will not retain information relating to your payment or credit card. This financial information never comes into our control. The information is given into a page which is in reality a page of our payment service provider. For details about disclosure of personal information please see our privacy notice.
Security of Your Payment
We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use. Payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
Cancellation and Refunds
- You may make any change to the Booking details (including any allergies) possible up to 48 hours before the Service has been provided. Contact details are available in Our Website footer.
- You may cancel the Booking 120 hours before the Service. In such a case you will get the full refund after deduction of administration fee.
- If you cancel the contract between 48 hours to 119 hours before the Service has been provided then you will be entitled to 50% of refund money after deduction of administration fee.
- If you cancel the contract less than 48 h before the Service has been provided then you will not to be entitled for any refund money.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights
- All content on Our Website, for example page text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, is the property of either us or our affiliates or suppliers of Services for sale. It is all protected by international copyright laws.
- Except where otherwise stated, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, which permits sharing, copying and redistributing the content only in non-commercial usages, provided the content is properly cited.
Interruption to the Chef o’clock Service
- We give no warranty that our service will be satisfactory to you.
- We will do all we can to maintain access to Our Website, but it may be necessary for us to suspend all or part of our service for repairs, maintenance or other reason. We may do so without telling you first.
- You acknowledge that our service may also be interrupted for reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss whether foreseeable or not, arising as a result of interruption to Chef o’clock service.
You agree to indemnify us against any claim or demand, including reasonable lawyers’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- your use of the Chef o’clock service;
- the breach or violation of this agreement by you;
- the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity;
- your failure to comply with any law;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of Our Website and purchase of Service.
- Our Website contains links to other Internet websites. We have neither power nor control over any such website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the content of any such linked website, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website.
- The Chef o’clock Website and Chef o’clock services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty that either of them will be:
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error.
Disclaimers About the Service
- All of the content on Our Website relating to any Service has been provided by a Provider. We do not accept responsibility for the accuracy of any claim or advertisement.
- We make no representation, warranty or other provision with regard to the Services and you acknowledge that you do not rely on any made by us, but solely on your contract with a Provider.
- So far as concerns Services you purchase through Our Website, we are not liable for:
- any Service complying with the requirement of any law or being available;
- the Provider performing his contract.
- We give no warranty, representation or undertaking whatever as to the continuing business of a Provider or that any Service offered for sale by a Provider will be useful or suitable for you.
- We and the Provider can take any action that may reasonably be required from time to time, to protect his interests and ours in connection with a beach or possible breach of the regulations.
- You now expressly release us from any and all claims and liability known and unknown, arising in any way from a dispute between you and a Provider.
In this paragraph the term “ADR Provider” means an approved body under the European Union (Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes) Regulations 2015.
The following terms apply in the event of a dispute between the parties:
- If you are not happy with our services or have any complaint then you must tell us by email message (available in Our Website footer) within 7 days after the service. We shall respond within 24 hours.
- If a dispute is not settled as set out above, we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- We can propose an ADR Provider or will listen to your proposal. If you are in any way concerned, you should read the regulations at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- refuse access to the Services;
- remove or edit content, or cancel any order at our discretion;
- issue a claim in any court.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by us to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- When you visit Our Website or send messages to us by email, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by email or by posting notices on Our Website. You agree that all our electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Any communication to be served on either of the parties by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by email. It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
- If sent by email to the address from which the receiving party has last sent email: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- So far as the law permits, and unless otherwise stated, this agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in our performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in Ireland.
This document was last updated on 01/11/2018.